Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ADOT Update

Pavement maintenance work on lanes and ramps along I-10 in east Tucson scheduled Thursday

Temporary ramp closures planned at Palo Verde Road, Alvernon Way, Irvington Road 



The Arizona Department of Transportation is scheduled to temporarily close lanes and ramps along Interstate 10 in east Tucson for pavement maintenance work to extend the life of the roadway from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday (May 3). Detour signage will be in place.



What to expect on Thursday:

From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., the eastbound I-10 exit ramp to northbound Palo Verde Road will be closed.
From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., the eastbound I-10 entrance ramp from southbound Palo Verde Road will be closed.
Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., the eastbound I-10 entrance ramp at Alvernon Way will be closed.
Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., there will be a right lane closure on both northbound and southbound Alvernon Way between Irvington Road and Drexel Road near the eastbound I-10 entrance ramp intersection. Traffic will be able to access eastbound I-10 using Benson Highway to Valencia Road.
From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., the westbound I-10 exit ramp to Irvington Road will be closed.
From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., the westbound I-10 entrance ramp at Irvington Road will be closed.


The schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, availability of materials, and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.