Due to budget constraints this year, there are changes to the services Sun Tran and Sun Van are able to provide passengers this holiday season.
NO FREE RIDES CHRISTMAS DAY
Although free service has been provided on Christmas Day since 1988, this year Sun Tran and Sun Van are unable to offer free rides to passengers.
SUNDAY SCHEDULE ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
* Friday, December 24
* Saturday, December 25
* Friday, December 31
* Saturday, January 1, 2011
SERVICE DETAILS FOR DEC. 24, 25, 31 & JAN 1, 2011:
* No free rides provided on Christmas Day.
* Routes 1-99 will run on a Sunday schedule.
* No Sun Express service.
* Although information booths at each transit center closed effective Dec. 1, buses will continue to serve all three centers.
* Sun Tran Customer Service will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Dec. 24 and 31, but closed Dec. 25 and January 1. On Sunday following each holiday, customer service will be open from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
* The Administration Offices and the Lost & Found - closed.
SUN SHUTTLE HOLIDAY SERVICE:
Sun Shuttle routes will not be in operation on December 25 or January 1, but will provide regular scheduled service on Dec. 24 and 31.
FREE CHRISTMAS DINNER SHUTTLE:
Sun Tran continues the holiday tradition of providing free shuttle service to the Tucson Convention Center for the Salvation Army Annual Christmas Dinner held on Saturday, Dec. 25 from 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. The shuttle circulates between:
* City of South Tucson City Hall, 1601 S. 6th Ave.
* Ronstadt, 215 E. Congress St.
* TCC, 260 S. Church Ave.