Beginning December 26, 2010, you can drop off your Christmas tree at any one of 9 sites in the community.
For the 15th year, the City of Tucson is co-sponsoring the Treecycle program. Beginning December 26, 2010, you can drop off your Christmas tree at any one of 9 sites in the community. This year, Environmental Services will grind Christmas trees at four sites and offer residents the opportunity to take the wood chips home to use in their gardens. If you'd like to take a little bit of Christmas home with you, bring a container to the Treecycle site at Rillito Park, Randolph Golf Course, Udall Park, or the Rita Ranch site. (see map)
- Oro Valley lot, “Naranja Town Site,” 660 W. Naranja Dr., 229-5070
- Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
- Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
- Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
- Pima County Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
- Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
- Rita Ranch Site, 7901 S. Rita Ranch Rd. (former Cross Point Church)
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot