Monday, March 21, 2011

ADOT Update


I want to notify you that ramps will be closed next week as part of the Kino Parkway to Valencia Road paving project. The schedule is as follows:


The Arizona Department of Transportation will close ramps as it continues work on a project to make the drive along eastbound and westbound Interstate 10 from Kino Parkway to Valencia Road smoother. All ramp closures will take place from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning. Signage will be in place directing motorists through alternate detour routes.


Sunday, March 20

· Westbound I-10 Ajo Way on and off ramps will be closed

· Eastbound I-10 Kino Parkway on ramp will be closed.

· UPDATE (from previous Sunday night closure announcement): Westbound I-10 Irvington Road on ramp will be closed


Monday, March 21

· Eastbound I-10 Kino Parkway on ramp will be closed

· Eastbound I-10 Palo Verde Road on and off ramps will be closed.


Tuesday, March 22

· Eastbound I-10 Palo Verde Road on and off ramps will be closed

· Eastbound I-10 Alvernon Way off ramp will be closed.


Wednesday, March 23

· Eastbound I-10 Alvernon Way on ramp will be closed

· Eastbound I-10 Valencia Way on and ramps will be closed.


ADOT will continue to close lanes Sunday through Thursday nights throughout the month of March as it continues work on the project. All lane closures will take place from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning along I-10 from Kino Parkway to Valencia Road. One lane in each direction will remain open at all times.


Speed limits will be reduced along I-10 from 65 mph to 45 mph in work zone areas during construction hours. When crews are not present, the speed limit will still be reduced to 55 mph.


If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Kathy Boyle