Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mayor Walkup

Yesterday was Bob Walkup's last formal meeting as Tucson's Mayor. For these past two years, I have had the opportunity to work with Bob on many projects as the Ward 5 Councilmember for my Ward and for our City. His door to his office had always been open and I appreciated his advice, his thoughts and his friendship.

Now, Bob and Beth will be hitting the road in that VW Van he has purchased andwill travel the country when he leaves office Dec. 5. I will miss him as our Mayor, as well as Beth.

He may being leaving office but he won't be leaving Tucson. I look forward to working with him on other projects involving the Tucson-Mexico Task Force, as well as the Global Economic Development District, just to name two.

As was sung last night, "Happy Trails to You" Bob and Beth.