Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ADOT Update


UPDATE: Westbound Interstate 10 reduced to one lane between Grant Road and Prince Road in Tucson overnight Thursday

Overnight closures of westbound I-10 lanes between Grant Road and Prince Road and ramps at Grant Road and Miracle Mile

As construction continues, the Arizona Department of Transportation will be closing the two left lanes on westbound Interstate 10 from south of Grant Road to south of Prince Road and the westbound I-10 entrance ramps at Grant Road and Miracle Mile in Tucson from 9 p.m. Thursday, July 26, to 5 a.m. Friday, July 27. The work is part of the Interstate 10 widening project from Ruthrauff Road to Prince Road.

What to expect during overnight work hours:
The Grant Road and Miracle Mile westbound I-10 exit ramps will remain open.
Drivers wishing to access westbound I-10 south of the project area may use the Speedway Boulevard entrance ramp.
Drivers wishing to access westbound I-10 north of the project area may use the Ruthrauff Road entrance ramp.

In addition, the Prince Road traffic interchange at I-10 and the eastbound and westbound I-10 entrance and exit ramps remain closed through late 2013. Prince Road at I-10, and west of I-10, is closed to vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.

The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.