Access Tucson Community Media is dedicated to protecting and supporting freedom of speech. Now, more than ever, it is evident that free speech is often far from free. We are proud that our Access Tucson Community Media members, supporters, Board of Directors and staff have faced these challenges head on--creating opportunities while building a sustainable, viable community resource.
We’re committed to creating new educational opportunities and being an outstanding training facility. Access Tucson continues to grow as a center for citizen journalism, a resource for independent media and a platform for public dialogue.
Reviewing the past year, we’ve made significant strides, including:
· 10,973 hours of new programming aired
· More than 65 young people who have been trained or participated in media literacy programs—including; Girl, Boy, Cub and Brownie Scouts, Special Ed, Grade School and High School Students and an afterschool program
· More than 2,369 volunteer hours from community members,
· More than $25,000 raised through direct appeal, on-line auction, fees for services and donations
· 23 new organizational and 141 individual members
As we continue to partner with Tucson 12, we are looking forward to an exciting future. We deeply appreciate the level of support we receive from the Mayor and Council and we thank you for encouraging public dialogue and participatory democracy.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a bright new year,
Lisa Horner, Bob Kovitz,