Transit schedule for December 24 - 26
Shuttle for Salvation Army Christmas Dinner Provided
TUCSON, Ariz. – The following details outline transit service during the holiday weekend.
Sun Tran Service
· Sun Tran Routes 1 through 99 will run on a regular Saturday schedule on Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24.
· Routes 1 through 99 will run on a Sunday schedule on Sunday, December 25 and Monday, December 26, in observance of the Christmas holiday.
· There will be no Sun Express service Monday, December 26. Express service resumes Tuesday, December 27.
· Sun Tran’s Customer Service Center will be closed Christmas Day, but will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 23 and from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, December 24 and Monday, December 26.
· The Administrative Offices and the Lost & Found Department, located at 4220 South Park Avenue, will be closed. The Administrative Offices will re-open on Tuesday, December 27, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lost & Found will also re-open Tuesday, December 27, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sun Van Service
· Sun Van service will mirror the service provided by Sun Tran.
· Sun Van’s Customer Service Center will be open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Sun Shuttle’s Holiday Weekend Service:
· Sun Shuttle, which provides transit service in outlying communities, will provide regular service on Friday, December 23, Saturday, December 24 and Monday, December 26. Sun Shuttle routes do not run on Sundays.
Salvation Army Free Christmas Dinner Shuttle
Sun Tran continues the holiday tradition of providing free shuttle service to the Tucson Convention Center for the Salvation Army’s Annual Christmas Dinner held on Sunday, December 25, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. For details on the Salvation Army’s Christmas Dinner, call (520) 795-9671 or visitwww.thesalvationarmytucson.org.
Sun Tran’s free shuttle to the Tucson Convention Center circulates between:
City of South Tucson’s City Hall, 1601 S. Sixth Avenue
Ronstadt Transit Center, 215 E. Congress Street
Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Avenue
The shuttle service begins at 9:30 a.m. and runs about every 15 minutes and will stop running at approximately 3 p.m.
Passengers are advised to consult Sun Tran’s Ride Guide, visit www.suntran.com, or call Sun Tran’s Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (for persons with hearing and speech impairments, call TDD: 520-628-1565) for specific route times and bus information.