Friday, January 6, 2012

Overnight closures on Interstate 10 between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road

The Arizona Department of Transportation will be closing the left lane on eastbound I-10 between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road tonight, Thursday (Jan. 5) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning (instead of westbound I-10 as previously reported). The left lane on eastbound I-10 will also be closed Friday (Jan. 6) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.





Nightly construction activities for Sunday (Jan. 8) through Thursday (Jan 12) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning:

The left lane on westbound I-10 will be closed beginning Sunday (Jan. 8) through Thursday (Jan. 12) to build a cross-over detour for the construction of the Interstate 10 widening project.
The right lane on the eastbound I-10 frontage road will reopen Thursday (Jan 12) at 5 a.m.
Eastbound I-10 from the Prince Road exit ramp to the Miracle Mile entrance ramp will be closed on Thursday (Jan. 12) to remove the overhead sign structure north of the Miracle Mile exit ramp.
All eastbound I-10 traffic will be detoured to the eastbound I-10 frontage road at the Prince Road exit ramp and re-enter at Miracle Mile.
Prince Road underneath I-10 will be closed.
All eastbound Prince Road traffic will be detoured to the eastbound I-10 frontage road to Miracle Mile.
All westbound Prince Road traffic will be detoured to the westbound I-10 frontage road to Ruthrauff Road


Other traffic impacts in the project area:

The eastbound I-10 frontage road between the Ruthrauff Road entrance ramp and the Prince Road exit ramp is closed.
Access to all businesses on the eastbound I-10 frontage road between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road is available by using eastbound I-10 to the entrance ramp at Ruthrauff Road and exiting at Prince Road.
Prince Road is closed west of the eastbound I-10 frontage road to vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists. Access is available from Prince Road on the east side of I-10 to Prince Road on the west side of I-10, where Prince Road connects to the frontage road.
Riverpark Drive, La Cholla Boulevard and Business Center Drive, west of I-10 at Prince Road, are closed through spring 2012.


As part of the project, the Prince Road underpass and ramps are scheduled to close in early 2012 and will remain closed until the project is completed by late 2013. I-10 will remain open with three lanes in each direction during construction, including emergency access lanes, with only minimal short-term lane closures along I-10 in the project area when necessary. Construction is anticipated to last approximately 26 months.



Some of the improvements that are planned for this project include:

Widening the I-10 freeway to four lanes in each direction to accommodate increasing traffic.
Reconstructing the Prince Road traffic interchange so that Prince Road will pass over the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and I-10 and minimize delays for motorists.
Updating the entrance and exit ramps to provide better connections and improved access for motorists.
New landscaping along the project area.


The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.