The Arizona Department of Transportation is continuing construction work on the I-10 Ruthrauff Road to Prince Road project.The left lane on eastbound I-10 between Prince Road and Miracle Mile will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning from Sunday (Jan. 29) to Tuesday (Jan. 31) for ongoing construction work.
Other traffic impacts in the project area:
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road between the Ruthrauff Road entrance ramp and the Prince Road exit ramp is closed.
- Access to all businesses on the eastbound I-10 frontage road between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road is available by entering eastbound I-10 from Ruthrauff Road and immediately exiting at the Prince Road exit ramp.
- Prince Road is closed west of the eastbound I-10 frontage road to vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists. Access is available from Prince Road on the east side of I-10 to Prince Road on the west side of I-10, where Prince Road connects to the frontage road.
- Riverpark Drive, La Cholla Boulevard and Business Center Drive, west of I-10 at Prince Road, are closed through spring 2012.
- The left lane of the westbound I-10 frontage road south of Prince Road is currently closed for approximately 12 months.
- The left lane of the westbound I-10 frontage road south of Ruthrauff Road is currently closed for approximately two months in preparation of the crossover.
Some of the improvements that are planned for this project include:
- Widening the I-10 freeway to four lanes in each direction to accommodate increasing traffic.
- Reconstructing the Prince Road traffic interchange so that Prince Road will pass over the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and I-10 and minimize delays for motorists.
- Updating the entrance and exit ramps to provide better connections and improved access for motorists.
- New landscaping along the project area.