The Arizona Department of Transportation is closing ramps and lanes as it continues work on a project to make the drive along eastbound and westbound Interstate 10 from Kino Parkway to Valencia Road smoother.
Lanes and ramps will be closed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning. During lane closures, one lane will remain open at all times. Detour signs will be in place for ramp closures.
Tonight (Friday) and Saturday (June 24 and June 25)
o Eastbound and westbound I-10 from Kino Parkway to Valencia Road will be reduced to one lane at various times during construction hours.
Sunday (June 26) and Monday (June 27)
* The westbound and eastbound ramps to the Valencia Road traffic interchange will be closed.
* Eastbound and westbound I-10 at the Valencia Road traffic interchange will be reduced to one lane.
* The right lane of eastbound and westbound Valencia Road at I-10 will be closed.
Tuesday (June 28), Wednesday (June 29) and Thursday (June 30))
* The westbound and eastbound ramps to both the Kino Parkway and Ajo Way traffic interchange will be closed.
* Eastbound and westbound I-10 at the Kino Parkway and Ajo Way traffic interchanges will be reduced to one lane.
* The right lane of eastbound Ajo Way at I-10 will be closed.
* The right lane of northbound and southbound Kino Parkway at I-10 will be closed.
Speed limits will be reduced along I-10 from 65 mph to 45 mph in work zone areas during construction hours. When crews are not present, the speed limit will still be reduced to 55 mph.
As part of ADOT's continued investment in I-10 improvements, this project includes removing the existing top layer of pavement, repairing the concrete pavement beneath the top layer, applying a new, smooth driving surface with rubberized asphalt, installing new roadway markings and reconstructing guardrails along this segment of the highway.
The project also includes repaving all the on and off ramps and the roads directly beneath I-10 between Kino Parkway and Valencia Road. Ramp and roadway repaving is scheduled for Kino Parkway/South Campbell Avenue, South Country Club Road, Palo Verde Road, Irvington Road, Alvernon Way and Valencia Road.