Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I-10 - Orange Grove Road Update

The Arizona Department of Transportation will close all eastbound lanes of Orange Grove Road underneath Interstate 10 in Tucson to install traffic signal detectors from 8 p.m. on Thursday (June 23) to 4 a.m. the following morning (June 24). All westbound lanes of Orange Grove Road underneath I-10 will continue to remain open to motorists during work hours.



The following detours will be available:

Motorists traveling eastbound on Orange Grove Road who wish to cross underneath I-10 and/or access westbound I-10 will be detoured to the eastbound I-10 frontage road (right turn), to Sunset Road (left turn), to the westbound I-10 frontage road (left turn) and back to eastbound Orange Grove Road or westbound I-10.

Motorists traveling on eastbound on Orange Grove Road who wish to access eastbound I-10 will be able to take the eastbound I-10 entrance ramp at Orange Grove Road.

What to expect during the closure.

Signage will direct motorists through the detour.

Drivers can expect up to 15-minute delays.

The project schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties.

ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule.

To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.