Monday, April 18, 2011

I-10 - Kino Valencia Update

The Arizona Department of Transportation will close ramps and lanes along eastbound and westbound Interstate 10 next week as it continues work on a project to make the drive from Kino Parkway to Valencia Road smoother.

Lanes and ramps will be closed next week from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning. During lane closures, one lane will remain open at all times. Detour signs will be in place for ramp closures.

  • Monday (April 18)
    • The westbound I-10 right lane from Irvington to Kino will be closed.
    • The eastbound I-10 right lane from Kino to Irvington will be closed.
    • The westbound I-10 Kino Parkway entrance ramp and exit ramps will be closed.
    • The eastbound I-10 Kino Parkway entrance ramp and exit ramps will be closed.
 
  • Tuesday (April 19):
    • The eastbound I-10 right lane from Kino to Palo Verde will be closed.
    • The eastbound I-10 Kino Parkway entrance ramp and exit ramps will be closed.
    • The eastbound I-10 Palo Verde Road entrance ramp will be closed.
 
  • Wednesday (April 20)
    • The eastbound I-10 right lane from Kino to Irvington will be closed.
    • The eastbound I-10 Palo Verde Road entrance ramp and exit ramps will be closed.
 
  • Thursday (April 21)
    • The eastbound I-10 right lane from Kino to Irvington will be closed.
    • The eastbound I-10 Palo Verde Road entrance ramp and exit ramps will be closed.
 
Speed limits will be reduced along I-10 from 65 mph to 45 mph in work zone areas during construction hours. When crews are not present, the speed limit will still be reduced to 55 mph.
 
As part of ADOT's continued investment in I-10 improvements, this project includes removing the existing top layer of pavement, repairing the concrete pavement beneath the top layer, applying a new, smooth driving surface with rubberized asphalt, installing new roadway markings and reconstructing guardrails along this segment of the highway.
 
The project also includes repaving all the on and off ramps and the roads directly beneath I-10 between Kino Parkway and Valencia Road. Ramp and roadway repaving is scheduled for Kino Parkway/South Campbell Avenue, South Country Club Road, Palo Verde Road, Irvington Road, Alvernon Way and Valencia Road.
 
This project started in February 2011 and will be completed in late summer.
 
The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.