Metropolitan Pima Alliance is seeking applicants for our seventh annual Common Ground Awards ceremony. MPA's Common Ground Awards recognizes community leaders, projects and events with successful collaboration for the overall benefit of the community.
This event places special emphasis on collaboration that is atypical and falls outside of the normal day-to-day processes. Whether it is land development, economic development or community development, it is pertinent for all parties to find common ground winners. The winners are bestowed their Common Ground Award at this annual banquet ceremony attended by hundreds. Anyone can nominate a project, and anyone can be nominated. You can read about our 2010 Award finalists HERE.
1) Nominations will be received until June 24th.
2) The Common Ground Committee will review the nominees and score each application. Nominees with the highest score will be asked to submit additional information due August 15th.
3) The Common Ground Committee will score each application and recommend 3 finalists in each category to the Board.
4) The Board of Directors will vote on the finalists and winner at their September Board Meeting.
5) The finalists and winners will be revealed at the ceremony on October 21st.
2011 Common Ground Categories
Note: Categories may change based on the submitted nomination forms.
Economic Development or Job Creation · Events & Programs · Public Policy · Revitalization & Historic Preservation · Architecture & Design · Public Works · Economic Development Public Policies/Processes · Planning and Development (Residential, Commercial/Mixed-Use, Open Space) · Sustainable Projects or Policies