For Individuals with Disabilities and SeniorsSun Tran’s Accessible Rider Training Program
Sun Tran is offering free ridership training, designed to help people gain greater independence by learning how to ride the bus.
The Sun Tran Accessible Rider Training (START) program helps seniors and individuals with disabilities learn how to utilize Sun Tran services.
The next session will be held Tuesday, September 20, 2011, at Armory Park, 220 S. 5th Avenue, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The training covers topics to ensure individuals are successful riding Sun Tran, such as:
- Understanding route maps and schedules
- Trip planning
- Which bus to take and how to transfer
- How to pay a fare
- Using Sun Tran’s telephone information center
- How to use www.suntran.com
- First-hand experience riding a Sun Tran bus